The following is a list of games I have for the Gamecube. Because I’m a member of the Short Attentionspan Theatre Company™, I never seem to be able to finish games. I’ve beaten some of them, sure, but there sure are a lot I haven’t gotten through. I’m basically making this list to keep track of what I’ve beaten and what I haven’t just so I don’t have to wade through endless disks figuring this shit out. If a name looks like this:
yer mom, that means I’ve kicked its ass, or its not the kind of game with a concrete ending, or I just don’t care to finish that shit cause I’ll cry. Namco Museum– I’ll never get to the 255th level of Pac Man. 🙁
- Enter the Matrix – Why do I even have this? Once the shiny wore off, the game is kinda meh. The hacking part was cool but it was over too fast. I never did get around to beating the rest of the game.
- Dakar 2: The World’s Ultimate Rally – I beat it once, but I need to unlock a ton of shit. Great rally racer.
Burnout 2: Point of Impact– Buckets of fun!
- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker – This should be called The Legend of Repeatedly Falling off Cliffs to your Doom: Ha Ha! Other than that, great game.
- Ikaruga – Only beat it with infinite continues AND a friend helping.
Red Faction II– Finally beat it. Turns out I was like 2 rooms away from the final boss when I originally stopped. : Lots of fun to be had here. Soul Caliber 2– My thumbs will never forgive me for beating this. F-Zero GX– A white knuckle game if I ever saw one. Metroid Prime– One of the best games EVAR. NBA Street 2– “You must be from Seatle, cause you sure know how to make it RAIN!” Pikmin– HONK!
- Sonic Mega Collection – Sadly, I’ve barely touched this. Lots of classic Sonic games here that I just haven’t played enough.
- Summoner: A Goddess Reborn – I barely got into this before Shiny Syndrome claimed me again.
- The Legend of Zelda: Occarina of Time – I got maybe a fifth of the way into this Gamecube port of the N64 classic.
- Super Mario Sunshine – I was doing just fine till all of a sudden the game got FUCKING HARD.
Star Fox Adventures-What starts off slow turns into a pretty fun Zelda type game that would have been tons better if they hadn’t wedged the Star Fox characters into it. Crazy Taxi– MANDAMNIT! Timesplitters 2– One of the best FPS on the Gamecube to date! NBA Street– A bit dated when compared to the sequel, but it’s still fun. Many a winter afternoon was spent with this game. Star Wars Rogue Leader: Rogue Squadron II– God this game violated you for failing a mission. Animal Crossing– The land of horrible, horrible puns. Zoocube– So… many… directions… So… many… shapes… Burnout– This game easily has the best soundtracks in the Burnout series in addition to the overall “feel” of the tracks. A classic!
- NHL Hitz Pro – SHANAHAN!
- Wave Race: Blue Storm – Still gotta get past hard mode :
Eternal Darkness: Sanity’s Requiem– One of my all time favorite games. “This… isn’t… really… happening!” Extreme-G 3– Great game up until the halfway point where it just becomes fucking unplayable due to poor track design.
- Defender – Cheesy but fun
- Dr. Muto – A great, funny platformer that flew under just about everyone’s radar
Smuggler’s Run: Warzones– I played the shit out of this game. Super Smash Brothers Melee– The game that prompted me to buy a Gamecube and made me spend so much time indoors people thought I was white.
- Bloodrayne – Gratuitous violence = win!
Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee– The best is when you throw a building at someone and they land ass first in some power lines.
- P.N.03 – Excellent 3rd person shooter that got too much bad press because it had a hot chick shaking her ass and focused on gameplay over graphics. And its not like the graphics sucked, they were just not particularly inspired.
- Viewtiful Joe – “Henshin-a-go-go, baby!” Another great game that gets hard as all hell (but in a good way).
Mario Kart: Double Dash!– Nintendo is responsible for stealing so much of my life. 🙁 Midway Arcade Treasures– More old skool gaming goodness. Joust, anyone? XGRA: Extreme G Racing Association– Follow-up to Extreme-G 3 that had MUCH better gameplay. The soundtrack was decent, but there were some songs that just didn’t fit the game at all. Beyond Good & Evil– Finally got around to playing this and now I weep, for there is no sequel. The way it ended… this game is the definition of how to make an interactive entertainment experience. If you ever want to play an excellent movie or novel, play this game. I hear the developers wanted to make a sequel, but sales were pretty low. There’s some vague and ill-defined rumors that they may be going ahead and developing a new one anyway, but only time and my fervent hopes will tell.
- R: Racing Evolution – A decent racing game. I finshed the career mode, but there’s a fuckton of other stuff still left to do. It’s a bit on the easy side.
Hunter: The Reckoning– Old skool hack and slash gameplay that’s still lots of fun. Metroid Prime 2: Echoes– More amazing Metroid goodness. Paper Mario 2: The Thousand Year Door– The only thing preventing this game from being absolutely fantastic is it’s crappy audience that throws shit at you. It’s still really good, but don’t let anyone tell you that the audience is a great idea.
I’ve gotten several games at discount prices due to the fact that the GC generation has ended. I haven’t had a chance to play them, so there’s not much in the way of comments.
- Resident Evil 4 – Gonna sell this off and get the Wii version.
- Killer 7
- Chaos Field
Pikmin 2– Even better than the first one, and some of the areas are a good bit harder. I beat the main game, but there’s a bunch of other stuff to do that I’m going to get back to in the future. I still feel bad when a Pikmin gets eated. 🙁
- Tube Slider
- Viewtiful Joe 2
Total: 29/51 games have been wtfpwn3d. (56.9%)